LAS VEGAS, Nov. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Cisco Partner Summit — Cisco is unifying its security and software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) technologies to help organizations embrace the cloud faster with choice and confidence.
The WAN is undergoing a radical transformation. Today, organizations host their applications in multiple clouds – public, private and SaaS. The way people work has also changed; employees connect from coffee shops and airport lounges, instead of just the office. Now, organizations must rely on the Internet to connect users to business-critical applications. This has resulted in a new Cloud Edge – the intersection of networking and security.
Until now, SD-WAN solutions have forced IT to choose between application experience or security. By evolving its SD-WAN portfolio, Cisco is addressing the new realities of the Cloud Edge. Cisco SD-WAN can help IT deliver better application experiences and make users more productive with unmatched simplicity and scale. And now, best-of-breed security can be easily enabled anywhere it is needed, from the branch to the cloud.
“The emergence of the new Cloud Edge is disrupting our customers’ network and security architectures. Today, every WAN device must become software defined and secure,” said Scott Harrell, senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networking at Cisco. “Cisco’s SD-WAN makes it easy for customers to get the very best of networking and security. We are building a bridge to a new business world that speeds our customers’ ability to unlock the power of the cloud — faster with less risk.”
Cisco SD-WAN: Simple, Secure, Scalable
Cisco SD-WAN is built to address today’s most pressing issues, yet flexible enough to tackle the challenges of tomorrow. New innovations include:
- Fusing Security with SD-WAN: From application-aware enterprise firewall and intrusion prevention, to URL filtering, advanced security is now integrated into Cisco SD-WAN devices and managed through a single pane of glass. And Cisco SD-WAN is all powered by Talos, the industry’s most powerful cyber threat intelligence solution.
- Simplifying Cloud Security Deployments: By integrating Cisco SD-WAN with Cisco Umbrella, access to malicious destinations can be blocked before a connection is ever established.
- Applications Experience: Cisco has partnered with Microsoft to enhance the Office 365 application experience for users. Unlike other vendors, Cisco SD-WAN monitors in real-time all available paths to the Microsoft Office 365 cloud. Using Microsoft Office URLs, Cisco is also able to determine the closest cloud, resulting in up to 40 percent faster performance for users.
- Open and Programmable: With open APIs, Cisco SD-WAN provides service providers and partners the opportunity to create unique new services. To help developers and network engineers innovate, Cisco DevNet has created new SD-WAN learning labs and sandboxes.
- New SD-WAN Infrastructure: With the world’s broadest SD-WAN portfolio powered by Viptela and Meraki, Cisco is offering even more options for customers with two new Integrated Services Routers (ISR) designed for small and large branch offices.
- Quick Start Service: Cisco is also helping customers accelerate SD-WAN deployments and decrease risk via a new SD-WAN Quick Start Service. For a fixed-price, customers get access to remote implementation and knowledge transfer capabilities to streamline projects.
- Easy to Buy and Manage: Cisco has made it easier to consume and manage the new solution. Both the network and security can be purchased through a single license model and managed through a single interface.
- Cisco SD-WAN Security and Microsoft Office 365 software: beginning Q4CY2018
- Cisco ISR 1111X-8P and 4461 are available now
- Video: John Boyega shares how Cisco is “building a bridge” to SD-WAN
- Executive Blog: David Goeckeler, EVP/GM, Networking and Security Business at Cisco, Cisco’s Multi-Domain Strategy for Enterprise Expansion to the Cloud
- Executive Blog: Scott Harrell, senior vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networking at Cisco, Cisco Intent Based Networking Everywhere
- Executive Blog: Anand Oswal, senior vice president of engineering, Enterprise Networking at Cisco, Securing the Cloud Edge with SD-WAN
- Feature Story: The Network Defending the Cloud Connection
- Video: Join TechwiseTV’s Robb Boyd to understand SD-WAN
- Video: TechwiseTV’s Robb Boyd gives a preview of what you can do with Cisco SD-WAN
- Video: TechwiseTV’s Robb Boyd discusses how Cisco SD-WAN provides integrated security
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow’s digital opportunity today. Discover more at thenetwork.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco. RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/rss-
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
|Press Relations:||Analyst Relations:||Investor Relations|
|Gareth Pettigrew||Brenna Karr Gibbs||Gloria Lee|
|+1 250-240-0638||+1 949-887-0630||+1 408-525-1642|
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/